BOTs are readymade automated scripts.
If you have not configured your BOTs setup, ask your admin to setup BOTs.
We have 3 types of BOTs:
- Check: These type of BOTs used to provide service management(start, stop, restart), monitoring services and chef provider is used to deliver these services
- Run: These type of BOTs used to launch any blueprint, upgrade any application and chef provider is used to deliver these services
- UI: These type of BOTs are used to provide different kind of services using UI automation(selenium) and jenkins is used to deliver these services
These BOTs are used to provide following services:
- Active Directory: We can create user, delete user and reset password using Run type BOTs
- OpenDJ LDAP: We can create user, delete user and reset password using Run type BOTs
- Monitoring: We can use sensue to monitor any service using check BOTs
- Application Deployment: We can deploy new application on any machine using Run BOTs
- Service Management: We can start, stop, restart service using check BOTs
- Upgrade: We can use Run BOTs to upgrade any service running on any machine
- Installation: We can install new services on any machine using Run BOTs
How to execute BOTs
User can select any BOTs for execution
click on execute button one popup will appear
Select any Tag Server from the drop down
Enter the parameters
Now click on ok button
Execution will start.We can see logs through logs tab.
We can also schedule the BOTs.
How to schedule the BOTs
Select any BOT in BOTs library then navigate to schedule tab in the BOT.
Enter the details like start date and end date and choose minutes/hourly/daily/weekly/monthly and how many times we want execute the BOT.
If you want to execute the bot with remote server enable the checkbox .If you want skip alternate runs in the execution enable the checkbox.Click on “schedule” button.
Remote Execution of BOTs
Select Service Manager BOT in BOTs library
Enter the input parameters : 1. Service Name(nginx) 2. Service Action (stop/start)
select the checkbox : Do you want to execute on Remote Server? - and select the remote intstance that you want to stop the service nginx -126.96.36.199 and click on execute